2012 MCTA Year End Results
(revised 12/6/12 6:30 pm)
The MCTA Annual Meeting and Banquet to celebrate the 2012 competition year was held at Summit Manor in Monkton, MD on January 12, 2013.
MCTA members who have completed eight volunteer hours in 2012 are eligible for our Year-End Awards! We award 1st through 6th place ribbons and prizes for horses and riders in the following categories: Below Beginner Novice, Beginner Novice, Novice, Training, and Training and above. We also have awards for riders who successfully complete three events, for horses in their first year of competition, Homebred Horse of the Year, Mare of the Year, and Pony of the Year. Please check the MCTA Point System and MCTA handbook for more information, as some categories may have additional qualifications.
SUBMITTING POINTS FOR YEAR-END AWARDS
MCTA members submitting points for 2012 Year End Awards must include the following completed forms: Volunteer Form, Trophy Selection Form (Horse and Rider Registration), and Competition Record (for high score awards). All forms must be in hand before December 1, 2012 in order to count. Questions/ forms can be submitted by mail to: Eliza Herman, POB 206, Darlington, MD 21034, or by e-mail to
. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail before December 1, please e-mail to confirm that your forms have been received!
GENERAL CRITERIA FOR ALL YEAR-END AWARDS
(excerpted from the MCTA Handbook)
1. Eight volunteer service hours provided to an MCTA sanctioned event are required.
2. The rider and, in the case of the Horse of the Year Trophies, the owner, of the horse must be an MCTA member in good standing at the time of the competition for which points are submitted, or those points will not be counted. "In good standing" means that dues have been paid in full for the calendar year. Points cannot be submitted retroactively for new members or former members whose membership has lapsed.
3. Points may be submitted only for Horse Trials and for Two- or Three-Day Events which have three distinct phases: dressage, endurance (cross-country), and stadium jumping. Placings at dressage shows or combined tests (consisting of dressage and stadium only) may NOT be counted.
4. Any one trophy may be won only TWICE by the same rider or, in the case of the Horse of the Year Trophies, the same horse. Note that the Federal Hill Trophy may be won only ONCE by any horse.
5. No rider may place in more than one RIDER category in the same year (i.e. the same person could not win both the Laubach and Sunrock Ridge Trophies or be reserve for the Highland Farms and second reserve for the *Denegri Trophies in the same year). Placings in one of the rider categories will not affect Horse of the Year status, however.
6. Except for the Horse of the Year Trophies, awards are based on rider placings so the same rider may submit points earned on multiple horses; the Horse of the Year Trophies are based on horse placings, so points may be submitted for the same horse when ridden by different riders and/or owned by various owners - as long as all riders and owners are MCTA members as specified above and the riders are in the same age group, i.e. Young Riders/ Juniors or Seniors, but not both.
7. Riders who complete, without being eliminated, all three phases of three events over the course of the season, will be eligible to receive a Triumph Award, even if no points/ placings have been earned.
MCTA offers 22 Trophies (plus “keeper” prizes and ribbons to 8th place!) based on placings in horse trials throughout the calendar year.
To be eligible for the rider awards riders must be MCTA members at the time of the competition (Join Now); for horse awards both riders and owners must be members. Points are NOT retroactive, so be sure your membership is up to date before you leave the start box!!!
You have to be a Member to win: MCTA Membership Application
HIGH SCORE RIDERS:
The Dakota Red Trophy (Jr/YR, below BN)
The Tuckahoe Farm Trophy (Sr, below BN)
The Red Buzzard Trophy (Jr/YR, BN)
The *Denegri Memorial Trophy (Sr, BN)
The Highland Farms Trophy (Jr/YR, N)
The Rip Van Winkle Memorial Trophy (Sr, N)
The Red Shutters Farm Trophy (Jr/YR, T)
The Sunrock Ridge Memorial Trophy (Sr, T)
The Equiery Bowl (MD residents in at least 6 recognized T events in MD)
The Colonel Ottmar Schaurek Memorial Trophy (Jr/YR, recognized T and above)
The Charles A. Laubach Memorial Trophy (Sr, recognized T and above)
HIGH SCORE HORSES:
The Avra Memorial Below Beginner Novice Horse of the Year Trophy
The FMF Skippy-Lou Memorial Beginner Novice Horse of the Year Trophy
The Marion Shriver Abell Memorial Novice Horse of the Year Trophy
The MCTA Junior/Young Rider Horse of the Year Trophy (Jr/YR, recognized T and above)
The Castlebar Memorial Horse of the Year Trophy (Sr, recognized T and above)
The Federal Hill Memorial Trophy (owner/rider family, 1st year HT)
The Just Jeeves Memorial Trophy (MCTA breeder/owner/rider family)
The Fortuna Memorial Mare of the Year Trophy (recognized N and above)
The Triumph Awards (3 or more HT completions)
The Draft Horse Trophy
The North American Sport Pony Trophy
Marion Shriver Abell Memorial Colonel Schaurek Memorial
Congratulations to all of our award winners!
Thank you to everyone who submitted points! All results are now final. Please note that the results for the First Year Horse (Federal Hill Trophy) and BBN Horse (Avra Trophy) have been modified-- sorry for the delay in updating. All other results are unchanged. We hope to see all of our award winners at the banquet-- if you cannot attend, please make arrangements to have someone pick up your awards as many awards cannot be mailed.
The MCTA Annual Meeting and Banquet to celebrate the 2011 competition year was held at Summit Manor in Monkton, MD on January 14, 2012.